9 June 2022
Food and Fibre Great South Coast Inc. Calls for Board Director Nominations
Food and Fibre Great South Coast Inc. is seeking expressions of interest from passionate individuals wishing to join our volunteer board as a director. Board Directors oversee the strategic direction of the organisation’s activities, finance and sustainability.
Applicants will be assessed on the following selection criteria:
- Proven credibility within the industry and region
- Willingness to represent all regions and commodities within the Great South Coast
- Fundraising ability and knowledge of finance sources
- Understanding of governance principles and directors’ duties
- Commitment to contribute a minimum of four hours per quarter volunteer hours in addition to board and committee participation
- Understanding of the organisations’ Strategic Plan and priorities.
To address gaps created by outgoing directors, experience, networks and knowledge within the following areas will be highly regarded (but are not pre-requisites):
- Education networks and leadership
- Sheep meat and wool
- Corangamite Shire and/or Glenelg Shire local government area residents
The Food and Fibre Great South Coast Board is proud to reflect our sector’s diversity. Directors represent a range of ages, gender, commodity and career stage. We aim to maintain this type of inclusive composition moving forward.
Food and Fibre Great South Coast is the representative body for Victoria’s agricultural powerhouse that spans its south-west. FFGSC represents over $4bn in agricultural output annually, driving strategic change where it’s needed most: water management, sustainable practices, workforce issues and championing a positive industry image. Expressions of interest in joining our Board, listing relevant experience and addressing the selection criteria, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 30 June.
Food and Fibre Great South Coast
Food and Fibre Great South Coast is the representative body for Victoria’s agricultural powerhouse that spans its South West. Representing over $4 billion in agricultural output annually, Food and Fibre GSC drives strategic change where it’s needed most: water management, sustainable practices, workforce issues and championing a positive industry image.
For more, visit https://foodfibregsc.com.au/