24 May 2023
Food and Fibre Great South Coast Inc. Calls for Board Director Nominations
Food and Fibre Great South Coast Inc. (FFGSC) is seeking expressions of interest from passionate individuals wishing to join our volunteer board as a director. Board Directors oversee the strategic direction of the organisation’s activities, finance and sustainability.
FFGSC holds 5-6 board meetings per annum. All board meetings except one per annum are held online. Committee meetings are held at least twice per year and Board members are expected to attend the online Annual General Meeting in September and, if available, our regional events.
Applicants will be assessed on the following selection criteria:
- Proven credibility within the industry and region
- Willingness to represent all regions and commodities within the Great South Coast
- Understanding of governance principles and directors’ duties
- Understanding of the organisations’ Strategic Plan and priorities.
And at least one of the following:
- Fundraising ability or knowledge of finance sources
- Commitment to contribute a minimum of four hours per quarter volunteer hours in addition to board and committee participation
- Willingness to seek volunteers for ad hoc roles such as speakers or attendees at careers expos, through your networks
To address gaps created by outgoing directors, experience, networks and knowledge within the following areas will be highly regarded (but are not pre-requisites):
- Open to board leadership and public speaking roles
- Education networks
- Red meat, sheep meat and wool
- Indigenous background or networks and cultural awareness
- Corangamite Shire or Glenelg Shire local government area residents with knowledge of the economic drivers of food and fibre, or an understanding of the value of FFGSC’s contribution to regional development
The Food and Fibre Great South Coast Board is proud to reflect our sector’s diversity. Directors represent a range of ages, gender, commodity and career stage. We aim to maintain this type of inclusive composition moving forward.
Food and Fibre Great South Coast is the representative body for Victoria’s agricultural powerhouse that spans its south-west. FFGSC represents over $4bn in agricultural output annually, driving strategic change where it’s needed most: water management, sustainable practices, workforce issues and championing a positive industry image.
Expressions of interest in joining our Board, listing relevant experience and addressing the selection criteria, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Thursday 30 June.
Requests for a call back to learn more about the role or to request the Board Charter can also be made via email@example.com
For more, visit https://foodfibregsc.com.au/
Chief Executive Officer
0413 009 373
About Food and Fibre Great South Coast:
Food and Fibre Great South Coast (FFGSC) is the representative body for South West Victoria’s $4bn agriculture sector, and $12bn food and fibre value chain, which is responsible for 60% of our gross regional product and 21.6% of all regional jobs. South West Victoria is Australia’s largest agricultural production region by value, dominated by dairy, beef and sheep industries and supplying 14% of Victoria’s fresh seafood. FFGSC is an incorporated organisation administered by a volunteer Board and one FTE Chief Executive Officer.